Surryano Ham Returns November 6th
UPDATE: Surryano Ham is available Now. Click here to order today.
It's been almost two years since the January 2016 fire, but after months of planning…, we're excited to finally announce the return of a ham many of you have been asking about.
We're thrilled to announce the Surryano Ham will be available for retail customers to order online on Monday November 6th, 2017 at 10:30AM EST.
Curemaster Sam Edwards III has traveled across the nation to work on producing a ham that's renowned for its simple ingredients and rich, signature flavor. Since we're still unable to rebuild from the fire, we've been working very closely with fellow American ham producers to collaborate on this new batch of Surryano to our expertise.
The Surryano Ham is a dry cured, hickory smoked ham that's aged for over 400+ days. But what makes it even more special is its pasture-raised, certified humane heritage breed pork.
We've once again teamed up with farm-to-table purveyor Heritage Foods USA to provide quality fresh pork in crafting this award winning ham. By using Berkshire and Red Wattle hogs, it creates an abundant, nutty flavor in every slice. The result is an American charcuterie that stands "shoulder-to-shoulder" with Serrano-style European hams.
Here's a few facts on the upcoming release:
- This vintage was put into salt on March 11th, 2016. The world of hams is a patient one!
- There will be three styles of the Surryano available: Bone-In, Boneless and Quarter Boneless.
- There will be a very limited supply: 50 Bone-In Surryanos, 50 Boneless Surryanos, and 400 Quarter Boneless Surryanos.
- There will also be a small amount of Surryanos available at our Ham Shops
in Surry (In Stock 11/8) and Williamsburg, Virginia (In Stock 11/9).
- Once all are gone, the next vintage of Surryanos won't be available until late summer 2018.
- Due to heavy demand for the Surryano Hams from chefs and restaurants owners, availability for our wholesale customers is fully booked
. We'll be sure to keep everyone in the loop on when wholesale Surryano hams will be available once more.
This is a major milestone on our recovery, and we can't thank you all enough for your support. We can't wait to hear what you think of the Surryano and how you'll be enjoying it with friends and family.
To make sure you're one of the first to get your hands on the Surryano on November 6th, sign up for our newsletter or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.