Breakfast Casserole with Smoked Sausage
6 - 8 people
Soft textured bread should not be used in this recipe. This is an excellent brunch dish. We serve this casserole up every Christmas morning.
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- 6 to 8 slices firm white bread
- 6 to 8 slices Smoked Sausage Links
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup swiss cheese, grated
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking sheet with spray oil. Slice 6 to 8 smoked sausage links into 1/8 inch thick circles, then sautee in an ungreased frying pan for 2 to 4 minutes at medium heat. Drain well.
- Trim crusts from 6 to 8 slices of bread and fit bread into the bottom of a baking sheet. Distribute sausage circles over bread.
- Crack 4 eggs into a small bowl and stir. Pour eggs and 1 tsp mustard, 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce, and 2 cups milk in a blender and blend well. Spread 1/2 cup grated swiss cheese over the sausage and cover with milk mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to sit in the refrigerator overnight. The next day, before serving, bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.