- 3 (10oz) pkg. frozen broccoli spears (fresh broccoli can be substituted)
- 2 (10-oz.) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 6 cooked chicken breasts pulled in slivers, removing from the bone
- 8 slices of Edwards cooked country ham
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
This is a great dinner party treat. Best of all, it can be made early in the day to be heated just before guests arrive. Butter a long casserole dish. Partially cook and drain thoroughly, then place in buttered dish the broccoli spears. Place slivers of chicken on top of the broccoli. Next, cover chicken with the slices of country ham. Mix and spread over the casserole. Mix and spread over the casserole cream of chicken soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and sage. Top with grated sharp cheddar, and seasoned bread crumbs.
Bake at 350 degrees until casserole bubbles, approximately 20 minutes.