Country Ham and Oyster Patties
- 6 frozen Pepperidge Farm patty shells
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 pint oysters (standard or select)
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup oyster liquor
- 1 cup unwhipped whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup diced cooked Edwards country ham
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1-2 teaspoon chopped parsley
Bake patty shells by directions on package; cool. Dissolve bouillon in warm water and set aside. Drain oysters and reserve liquor. Melt butter over low heat, stir in flour and allow to bubble for 1 minute. Do not brown. Remove from heat and slowly stir in bouillon, oyster liquor and cream. Return to low heat and stir until thickened. Add lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and onion salt.
Remove from heat, cover and set aside. Saute oysters in butter only until edges curl and oysters are just firm. Spoon into patty shells and top with cracked pepper and chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
Serves 6. Note: this sauce can be made 1 day ahead and gently reheated in the top of a double boiler. Do not add cooked ham until ready to serve. Cream or oyster liquor may be added when reheating if needed. Serve with asparagus and aspic!